Honolulu Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Serving Honolulu, HI
Every insurance company is obligated to act in good faith toward those they insure. This phrase denotes that the insurer is committed to fair dealings with its clients. There are times, however, when this does not happen, and in such instances the insurer has acted in “bad faith.” Delays related to payment of insurance benefits, claims arbitrarily denied, and policy cancellations, can constitute bad faith. Luckily, if these situations ever arise, you do not have to face an insurance company alone with a Honolulu bad-faith insurance attorney.
If you suspect that your insurance company is treating you unfairly, consider the following factors to determine whether your insurer is acting in good faith. A skilled law firm like Potts & Potts, can help you determine if you have a bad faith claim.
Signs of Bad Faith
There are various ways to recognize when your insurance company has not been acting fairly toward you. While a disagreement on the desired settlement amount is not enough, the following are possible signs of bad faith.
- There are unreasonable delays in payment of insurance benefits.
- Claims are denied without a reasonable explanation.
- The insurer does not promptly reply to a filed claim.
- An excessively low settlement is proposed with no reasonable explanation for the inadequate amount.
- The insurer fails to pay an award by a court or arbitrator in a reasonable amount of time.
- The insurer fails to inform the insured of a claim denial in a timely manner.
- The insurer is using aggressive or demeaning methods in an attempt to lower the desired claim amount.
- The cancellation of a policy following a claim.
- Failure to comply with insurance industry standards.
- The use of inaccurate information to diminish or deny the claim.
How an Attorney Can Assist
Dealing with an insurance company can be a frustrating experience, especially following property damage, injury, or illness. The laws governing insurance claims are intricate, and for this reason, it is helpful to enlist an attorney when fighting for your fair compensation. If you have been negotiating with your insurance company to obtain fair compensation without success, call Potts & Potts today at (808) 537-4575. Our Honolulu bad faith insurance attorney can use his years of industry experience to ensure that your insurance provider has fairly compensated you for your injuries.